People often ask me why my blog is called "Life and Dandelions" ... "it seems an odd comparison" they say. Not so.
Life and dandelions are much more similar than you think.
- On the surface the dandelion plant is tough, rather ugly and filled with sticky sap that gets all over your hands when you try to rip them up.
- Life can be tough, rather ugly and filled with stuff that sticks to you when you try to fight against the flow of where life is taking you. Sometimes you just need to let things be.
- Look a bit deeper and the yellow dandelion flower is beautiful, bright and cheerful and is one of the first flowers to bloom in Spring.
- Life can also be beautiful, bright and cheerful and always seems much brighter with the arrival of Spring.
- The dandelion head is extremely delicate and if you don't handle it gently and with care it will be gone in a second.
- Life and relationships are extremely delicate and if you don't look after them with gentleness and care they too can be gone in a second.
- The dandelion plant has many health and nutrition benefits and rather than be treated as a weed, should be harvested and used for good.
- A life lived well has many health and nutrition benefits. Rather than wasting precious life by being unhealthy, we should be taking very good care of the body that has been given to us and use it for good.
What can you compare your life to? I'd love to know.